When applying for an IT job, itâ€™s important to remember that most of the time, your skills and summary of experience are much more important to most employers than your academic backgrounds at first glance. And as part of the efforts to digitalize the whole business, most companies are now using applicant tracking systems to scan CV, or resumes for relevant keywords. This means that there are high chances you canâ€™t make it into the interview round if your resume doesn’t include the correct keywords for skills that a company is looking for. Today,Â knowing which keywords to include in your CV is a big must, not only for fresh graduates, but for every employee working in the IT field.
Every job will be a little bit different, requiring different approaches and skills, which explains why so many people come to professional IT CV writers for the best results. However, if you donâ€™t have enough time or resources for that, you can at least include some of the most sought-after skills and keywords for IT jobs. And by weaving them onto your resume, highlighting the required skills from the job description, you are closer to success than you thought.
Below, CMC Global highlights the top skills on resume to include in your IT CV.
Software Developer CV
For those working in software development, knowing the importance of technical skills is a big MUST – any employer will demand to know the exact stack you have been using to determine what kind of engineer you are to thus, determine whether you are the right candidate for the job title they are looking for.
Software developers with the highest level of technical skills are always welcome. Since software developers are hands-on engineers, the programming stack and tools used are highly relevant.
Keywords for 10 top skills on resume to include for software developer CV:
- Android developer
- iOS developer
- Quality assurance
What do employers expect their future Technical Engineer colleges to know?
First thing first, Software developers are the ones to work closely with systems engineers and computer programmers. Thus, they must:
- Convey technical information in a language that is understood by non-technical people
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills as they will work directly with users and various computer-related vendors.
- Be up to date with various new technological changes, either in software or hardware, which can be achieved by attending various classes or workshops. Through this knowledge, they may have to train, coach, or mentor new or junior software developers.
Average Software Developer Salary
According to PayScaleâ€™s data on Software developer Salary, an entry-level Software Developer (with 1 year of experience) can expect to earn an average of $62,787 in the US.
For those who fancy freelancers, according to Ziprecruiter, the average annual salary for a Freelance Software Developer in the United States is $113,499 a year, which means approximately $54.57 an hour,Â $2,183/week or $9,458/month.
Is that too much for your budget? COntact us for quotes with reasonable alternatives with Vietnamese Software developers: Top Custom Software Development Service.
For more information about reasonable outsourcing, see How much can a software engineer in Vietnam earn?
Technical Support CV
Technical support staff are the one whose responsibility is to help with specific problems related to a product or service. In other words, they are the front line for any employee or customer issues. Thus, their required skills are more focused on customer service than programming.
As they need to assist the customer, their first and foremost required skills are product knowledge. And while technical support engineers should still have basic programming skills, the technical requirements are much less than those expected of software developers.
Keywords for 10 top skills on resume to include for technical support CV:
- Product knowledge
- Basic programming
- Call centre
- Support tickets
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Customer service
What do employers expect their future Technical Support colleges to know?
- Identify potential issues and integrate possible solutions
- Design, develop, implement, and test technical solutions based on business requirements
- Work as the teamâ€™s technical subject matter expert and technical escalation resource
- Identify and assist in developing enhancement opportunities across the enterprise through innovation and automation
- Help making the business processes faster and smarter, implement analytics for meaningful results
- Engage with management, making reports on project status, activity, and achievements
Technical Engineer Salary
According to Payscaleâ€™s data on Technical Engineer Salary, as of the first quarter of 2021, the average salary for a technical support engineer is $61,473 in the US. For those freelance technical support engineers, they can earn $23.46 per hour.
Project Management CV
IT project management professionals are one of the factors to determine the success or failure of a project, as they are essentially the middle men/ women between the business and the technical teams. In general, IT PMs are responsible for ensuring that the whole team meets the pre-set deadlines and goals with expected quality. In a technical setting, itâ€™s common for project managers to work with software developers to achieve the companyâ€™s goals.
Why? Cause Project management skills are a mix of developer and upper management skills. A combination of leadership and technical skills are required to be a successful IT project manager.
10 common CV skills to include for project management:
- Project planning
- Risk management
- Quality control
- Technical acumen
Project Management Salary
According to Glassdoor, as of March 2021, the average salary for an IT Project Manager is $88,397 in the United States.
Data Management CV
Data has become more and more important than ever. As more businesses move online, candidates with great data management skills will only become higher in demand.
Keywords for 10 top skills on resume to include for data management CV
- Amazon Web Services
- Oracle Product Hub
- Google BigQuery
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Ensuring data integrity
- Database design and planning
What do employers expect their future data management colleges to know?
Candidates need to show that they are familiar with the available data; fully understand the program goals, the needs of your clients, and their willingness to explore creative approaches to using data. Other skills you can include in your CVs to show that you are a qualified Data management candidate are:
- Analyzing Data: Express that you have the right ability to use data effectively to improve your programs. This includes looking for patterns, lists and summaries, analyzing results, and making presentations.
- Managing Accounts and Files: Express that you have the capability of keeping track of online accounts as well as assisting others to keep track of theirs, organizing files and folders meanwhile knowing how to deal with files, photos and attachments.
- Navigating Database Software: Express that you know how to use database software to find, sort, review, edit, print records and other functions. Employers will expect you to know how to use built-in forms and reports in a database, write queries and reports using available tools for further analysis.
- Data Integrity: Express that you know the definitions, program guidelines, and sources of data. Employers will want you to be able to develop clear channels of communication, review data and work with colleagues to ensure the accuracy of data.
- Database Design and Planning: It is expected that a data manager understands database design concepts, including “relational database design” concepts (table structure; one-to-many relationships), the benefits and limits of various types of databases, including PC and online databases to decide how to efficiently store and analyze various types of data.
Data Management Salary
As of Mar, 2021, the average annual salary for the Data Management jobs is $65,263/year in the US, which is approximately $31.38/ hour for those fancy freelance jobs.
Business Analysis CV
Most major companies need experienced business analysts, who can consult and advise them to make the right decisions based on facts and figures. Business analysis is one of the top technical skills in todayâ€™s job market.
Top business analysis skills for your resume:
- Data analytics
- Data modeling
- BI tools and applications
- Amazon Web Services AWS software
- Microsoft Access
- Oracle JDBC
- Eclipse IDE
- Apache Groovy
- Operating systems like Oracle Solaris, UNIX, and Microsoft Windows Server
Business Analyst Salaries
The average salary for an IT business analyst is $67,762 per year, according to Business Analyst salary data from PayScale.
Executive IT Leader CV
Executive leaders are the ones who come from backgrounds in technical roles such as software development or cyber security.Therefore, itâ€™s extremely useful to have some technical knowledge to understand all the moving parts.
Keywords for 10 top skills on resume to include for IT executives:
- Database management
- Network security
- Programming languages
- Mobile development
Executive positions in IT require the lowest amount of technical skills to do the job. Information technology executives will need to highlight their leadership and management abilities more than their ability to code.
Executive IT Leader Salary
According to Glassdoor, the national average salary for an Executive Team Leader is $67,151 in the United States.
Based on salaries submitted anonymously by Executive Team Leader employees in Singapore, the average salary for an Executive Team Leader is $3,100.
Cyber Security CV
IT security professionals are those responsible for maintaining digital security, reducing cyber threats and ensuring data is secure at all times.
Top common CV skills to include for cyber security:
- Malware analysis
- Risk analysis
- CISM certification
- CISSP certification
- Cloud security
- IP setup
- Security analysis
- Intrusion detection
- Ethical hacking
Cyber security professionals are those with a high level of technical knowledge and often certifications. Being the one to take charge of the whole organization’s cyber safety, it is best for cyber security professionals to be able to think like a hacker to prevent malicious attacks from ever occurring.
Cyber Security Salary
As of March 2021, the average salary for a Cyber security professional in Singapore is SGD 51,502/year.